Birth of a Blogger

I used to say I was a writer, but about 2 1/2 years ago I realised I had to stop saying that because how could I say I'm a writer when I'm not actually writing anything.

I should have said I'm a procrastinator.  That would have been true although possibly a conversation stopper.  What could I say?  "Well I haven't written anything today because we found a fly floating in the breakfast dishes and had to hold its funeral in the back garden."

Anyway, I have finally decided to bite the bullet and put myself out there.  As they say, the only way to be a writer is to actually write something and I'm starting here, with a blog.

So, hello, like the title says, I'm quite ordinary, so don't be disappointed if I write at length about something like why the heck porridge cooks at a different speed every morning despite religiously using the same ratio of oats to milk.  Seriously! It's infuriating.

I'm a stay at home parent and very happy to be here.

I love my children, they're pretty hard to keep clean, but really easy to adore.  They are the funniest, kindest, smartest, brightest, cutest, cuddliest kids in the world and the absolute best thing I've ever achieved.

What I hope to blog about is stuff that makes me look on the bright side of life.  No matter how frustrating, annoying, stupid or just downright pointless some of it seems to be.  By nature though, my mind wanders - a lot, so who knows where this thing could lead. 


I do love a good moan but it’s not always healthy and it’s not like it gets me anywhere anyway.  Like a lot of people out there, I’ve had a few years with negative things happening and they’ve really upset and annoyed me, but at the end of the day there’s not a whole lot I can do about most of them.  So I suppose what I need and what I want is to look at life with a more positive slant than I've had thus far.


For example - Robbie Williams making friends with Take That.  Generally that sort of thing would raise my blood pressure, because apart from the obvious fact that they are so much better without him, he's just so flipping annoying.  However, Gary Barlow taking his shirt off in their new video is nice, very nice.

I just can't get that porridge thing out of my head.  120 grams of oats, 240 mls of milk, yesterday 2 minutes 30 seconds, today 3 minutes 40 seconds - WHY??????

On the bright side - my daughter says I am the best porridge cooker in the world :)

Comments

  1. Well done Laura, starting a blog is a great way of getting back on that writing bicycle! Keep up the good work, I look forward to reading more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere Laura! It's a great place to hang out while you're waiting for that porridge to cook! Looking forward to sharing your blogging journey.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Perfect Gal

Hot Cross Mum

Listography - My Top 5 Sweets