And Another Thing

Right, brace yourselves, today I’m having a moan and it’s a doozy.  If you’re looking for something all perky and sweet, you may as well stop reading because today, I’m not your woman. 

I’m in a bad mood. I feel grouchy and my right nostril has been itching since I skipped breakfast.  My husband would say that means there’s a fight coming my way.  Sounds good right now, wouldn’t mind smacking the face off someone and I know just who too. 

Come on, we’ve all got one.  That super annoying pain in the backside who rubs you up the wrong way, especially when everyone else says she’s sooooo nice.  Sure she is - for psychopathic Stepford Wife.  She says things like “Really, you’re not 40? Oh I thought I missed that birthday”.  I would call her a silly cow but that wouldn't be nice to our bovine friends.

Aaaagggghhhh! Is that how you type the sound of a scream?  Not very satisfying is it.  If I were to scream today, its ferocity would probably break a window.  And to top it all, I forgot to put out the glass bin for the recycling van twice in a row and now have non recycler’s guilt.  Frick!

Life is hard.  I know that’s not news to anyone, but every time I think I’ve got it figured out, some crappy awful thing happens to someone who didn’t deserve it and I feel like I want to scream at the world.

I’ve watched the news closely all week and it really is shocking.  I don’t think there has been one positive story since the Chilean miners were freed.  What is wrong with us?  We’ve got a really wonderful world to live in, so why are we ruining it?

My realisation that I have no control over the world around me only mattered for the first time when I became a parent and it sucks lemons.

I for one am standing up for our world and I'm going to try harder.  I’m going to try to be a better person.  I’m going to recycle and re use more. Ok, ok, I’ll go fish the jam jar out of the wrong bin.  I’m going to be responsible for myself and my actions.  Basically I've got to be what a grown up should be and teach my children by example. 

I’m going to be nicer to people who deserve it and I’m going to behave like the ones who don’t just don’t exist in my world anymore.  That may not sound very charitable but frankly my dears, I don’t give a damn.  There comes a point in all of our lives when we learn right from wrong, so if you consciously don’t live your life doing what’s right and don't at least try to be a good and decent human being, you’re not worth me wasting my time on.

Right, don’t know about you, but I feel a lot better.

Live good lives people – onward and upward.

Rant complete.

Comments

  1. please tell me you put your one in her place - preferably very very far from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish I could tell you that. I really do.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Perfect Gal

Hot Cross Mum

Button Pushing