Happy Valentines Day

Happy Valentines Day everybody. 
Whether you like it or not, it’s here and it ain’t going nowhere until midnight tonight.
Many years ago when my other half and I got together Valentines was such a big deal.  The pressure to go to some awful restaurant and pay too much money for factory churned out food was enormous.  As was the pressure to get the perfect card, perfect gift, decide whether or not getting a box of helium balloons delivered to his office was a good idea (the jury is still out on that one).
In 2001, my wish list for Valentines Day would have read something like this:
1.       Breakfast in bed.
2.      Flowers
3.      Some other present that was just for me, perfume, chocolates etc.
4.      Candle lit dinner for two.
5.      An early night - eh hem.
Nowadays things are a little different.  We have children, so I suppose there is no need to explain why things are different.
We have a toddler who has taken to screaming his wishes so incoherently that we don’t understand them which has the potential to lead to injury if we’re not careful and hurt ourselves pretending to fall in an effort to distract him.
Our older child has recently decided that all her clothes are too babyish, so even though I’m ashamed to admit it, yesterday I bought her what I knew she would consider to be a ‘cool’ outfit to avoid crying and complaining for just one morning.
So, in the spirit of change being inevitable, here’s my wish list for Valentines Day 2011.
1.       No one gets hurt and /or needs a doctor.
2.      Avoiding getting something stinky or sticky on my clothes for the whole day.
3.      A trip to the loo alone.
4.      A quiet and calm evening meal.
5.      An early night, but for a completely different reason to ten years ago.
 On the Bright Side, the card, chocolate & flower people are keeping busy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Perfect Gal

Hot Cross Mum

Listography - My Top 5 Sweets