The Truth About Me

The Truth About Me

I have been tagged by the wonderful blogger Mammy Dolittle.

Ok, so here’s what this is about.  This questionnaire from the Guardian Weekend Magazine has been doing the rounds in the Blogosphere, and it’s mostly a bit of fun.
So, here goes: 

Which living person do I most admire and why?
My mother.  She has faced the best and the worst of life with dignity and always has great hair.

When were you happiest?
The first time my little girl smiled at me.  We were alone together and it was just the best feeling I ever felt.

What was your most embarrassing moment?
My twenties, it was a long moment.

Aside from property, what’s the most expensive thing you’ve bought?
A Car but I wish I could say a handbag.
What is your most treasured possession?
My family.
Where would you like to live?
New York City.  From the first time I went there seventeen years ago, I’ve loved it.  Failing that, a field in the middle of nowhere would be nice.  I’m an all or nothing kind of gal.

What’s your favourite smell?
My children’s heads.

Who would play you in the film of your life?
Dawn French, even though we’ve never met, I just know she gets me.

What is your favourite book?
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.  It was the first grown up book I ever read for pleasure and it hooked me like no other.

What is your most unappealing habit?
Snoring.  I’ve actually woken myself with a start; such is the power of my snore.
What would be your fancy dress costume of choice?
Sabrina from Charlie’s Angels
What is your earliest memory?
Being in my mother’s mini sometime in the early seventies.  It was wine and I kept sliding down the back seat
What is your guiltiest pleasure?

X Factor.
What do you owe your parents?
My life and never being afraid to question something.
To whom would you most like to say sorry, and why?
My Dad.  For not being there when it mattered most.

What or who is the greatest love of your life?

What is King Cheese n’ Onion Crisps.  Who is my other half.

What does love feel like?
Like jumping off a cliff with your eyes closed and absolutely believing you won’t get hurt.

What was the best kiss of your life?
Outside Dunnes Stores on Georges Street in the early hours of the morning after the first time he told me he cared for me.

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
Like.  Like I say it all the time like.  Like I don’t even know why like.

What is the worst job you’ve done?
Minding a child with chronic diarrhoea.  The child had it, not me.  Not sure which would have been worse actually.

If you could edit your past, what would you change?
Nothing, the past is done, all that matters is doing your best right now.

What is the closest you’ve come to death?
I had a scare a few years ago, but it didn’t happen, so I shan’t dwell on it.
What do you consider your greatest achievement?
My children.

When did you last cry, and why?
This morning, I was worrying about my kids.  I’m hormonal.

How do you relax?
I either read or stare out the window.

What single thing would improve the quality of your life?
Acceptance of the tough stuff.

What is the most important lesson life has taught you?
Life is for living.

I am going to tag these lovely bloggers, coz I’m nosy:

Comments

  1. Yes your mother does have beautiful hair - how dare she?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah man I said my favourite smell was chips and everone else is saying their kids.Does that make me a bad Mammy?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Perfect Gal

Hot Cross Mum

Button Pushing